Successful Twitter Marketing Tactics
When people think of Twitter marketing is not the first thing that comes to mind. However, with a little knowledge, it can become an effective piece of your internet marketing plan.
According to Wikipedia, Twitter is a free social networking and micro-blogging service that enables its users to send and read messages known as tweets. Tweets are text-based posts of up to 140 characters displayed on the author's profile page and delivered to the author's subscribers who are known as followers. Senders can restrict delivery to those in their circle of friends or, by default, allow open access. Users can send and receive tweets via the Twitter website, Short Message Service (SMS) or external applications. While the service itself costs nothing to use, accessing it through SMS may incur phone service provider fees.
Yes, you can effectively use Tweets and Twitter Marketing to promote your business. Listed below are a number of tips and tactics you can use:
1. Network with noteworthy business associates, competitors, and peers. You don't have to simply befriend every person you can that requests you or vice-versa on Twitter. Instead, choose your networking buddies carefully.
2. Don't forget that Twitter is a two-way street. Listen to what others are saying. If they provide something of value, thank them.
3. You can use Twitter to direct people to other resources you use such as a blog site, or articles you've written.
4. Keep it casual. Remember that Twitter is a social site. Use a touch of humor, and provide entertainment when possible.
5. Utilize the mobile applications to expand your Tweets to include cell phones.
6. Host an impromptu contest. Offer a small giveaway, and direct them to a form on your website for entry.
7. Ask for feedback.
8. Create "Twitter Followers Only" specials, with a specific landing page.
9. Keep your Tweets consistent. If you have followers, it is because they like your Tweets. Try to update on a regular basis.
10. Stay away from arguments. Remember that followers can make negative comments about you and your site.
11. Don't be afraid to ask your followers to link to your site, or tell others about you.
12. Keep it fresh and interesting. Don't Tweet just to Tweet.
When utilized effectively, Twitter Marketing can boost your reputation, credibility and website traffic.
Return to Top of Twitter Marketing
Return to Social Network Marketing
Go to Home Page