Website Promotion Articles
A Great Seed for Targeted Traffic...and its FREE
Writing website promotion articles is a great way to start the snowball rolling for your inbound targeted traffic. Its effective, and its free.
If you're not familiar with website article submission, the concept is pretty simple. You write, or pay someone to write authoritative articles (300-1000 words), and you submit them to an online article website for publication. You are usually allowed to provide 1-2 "self-serving" links, which you use to create inbound links to your website.
Each article site has different rules, and most are very strict about enforcing them; especially their self-promotional rules. Nevertheless, if you abide by their guidelines, and provide a content-rich and valuable article, most will publish your works.
Publishing website promotion articles is a great way to jump start your site's traffic. Article submission should be part of your website's marketing plan.
Why Should You Submit Articles?
Website promotion articles are valuable for a couple of reasons. First of all, they create inbound links to your website - from another reputable and credible site. Credible inbound links are an important factor in Search Engine Optimization. The more the better.
Secondly, marketing articles generate traffic to your site. More specifically, they create targeted traffic, if you've placed them in the right category. This is a key factor to the success of your site as well.
Website promotion articles also perform a more subtle benefit as well. They build credibility for you and they "pre-sell" your visitor. If visitors like what they read in your article, and are willing to click on your link to learn more, then they have already decided that "they want what you have to offer."
Most links are in your "Resource Box" at the bottom of the page. So in order to get to your link, they've made it through your article, and thus have shown interest.
Lastly, website promotion articles have another positive effect that you might not be aware of...they get found by the Search Engines. This interprets into even more potential targeted traffic for you.
Some Article Do's and Dont's
When writing website promotion articles, there are many things that will help you as you get started. Some suggestions you should consider are listed below:
1. Start each marketing article with a keyword in mind. You should write your article with keyword focus - if you write enough keyword-focused articles, they will begin to show up as top rankings in the Search Engines.
2. Pick a niche topic, if possible, and enlighten your readers with great topical information, not boring nonsense.
3. Try to write 3-5 articles per day for the first month or so. I know this seems like a lot, but the extra effort you take doing this task will pay off in great targeted traffic.
4. Proof read and preview your articles. Make sure there are no Typos, and that your article is easy to read.
5. If it makes sense, end your article with a "teasing" paragraph that leads your reader to want to visit your site to learn more.
6. When you can't think of what to write, take a new keyword, use a search engine, and see what other sites come up. Perhaps this will give you an idea for website promotion articles from a different perspective.
7. Keep track of all articles you've written, where you've submitted them, and submission date.
8. Search for other articles about your topic. Read some, and note what you like, and don't like. Incorporate what you learn into your own writing style.
9. Always read and follow the article submission site's rules and guidelines.
Remember, your website promotion articles should fill a niche or need that visitors are searching for. If you provide answers, and helpful content, they will be pleased, and some will want more.
There are also many things you should never do when writing website promotion articles.
1. Never talk poorly about, or degrade your competition. Try to have a positive tone to all of your articles. Stress your benefits, not others' negatives.
2. Don't just start writing. Begin each article with a purpose - Keyword, landing page you would like to promote, etc. A bad/boring article will not drive traffic and it could hurt your credibility.
3. In an effort to submit as many articles as possible you might be inclined to just change the title, or a bit of content...don't. Article sites look for this, and can revoke your publishing rights for this action.
4. You shouldn't promote your website directly. Content should be informative, with an inconspicuous text link and your website in your signature. "Sell" your idea, and a desire to visit your site will follow.
5. Remember "Garbage in, Garbage out". If you publish boring, empty articles, you can expect your traffic, and credibility to reflect those attributes as well.
6. NEVER plagiarize others work. You will be tempted, but you need to resist, and create original content.
Article Submission Directory Criteria
There are hundreds of Article Submission Directories on the web. Not all are the same, as you would imagine. Consider the following before you choose a directory to submit your website promotion articles...
1. You want the site's Page Rank (PR) to be high. This is a sign of credibility (at least in the eyes of Google). To check a site's page rank, Click Here. This is important because an inbound link from a site with a high PR gives your site more credibility.
2. Is it easy to use? If you've pre-written your promotion article, it shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes to submit.
3. How does the site display their articles? Are there many ads, popups, and other distractions?
4. Does the submission site provide any metrics, reports, etc? You definitely want to see statistics regarding your articles. Monitor them and determine which articles are working the best and why.
5. How long does it take to get your article published? Some sites are immediate, while others review articles manually, and thus take some time before your article is "live".
6. Are you allowed to put links in the content, and how many?
7. Am I in good company with respect to other articles on the site? You don't want to be associated with poor quality.
These are just a few areas you should consider, and by no means should one keep you from posting. You have to make the final decision. Probably the most important is the PR ranking - the higher the better.
Article Submission Directories
We've included some links to directories where you can submit your website promotion articles below. They are sorted by PR.
|Web Pro News ||http://www.webpronews.com||7|
|Business Publications Search Engine ||http://www.bpubs.com||7|
|Ezine Articles.com ||http://www.ezinearticles.com||6|
|Free Articles for Reprint ||http://www.articles-hub.com||6|
|Articles Base Directory ||http://www.articlesbase.com||5|
|Article Submission ||http://www.articlewheel.com/||5|
|Just Articles ||http://www.JustArticles.com/||5|
|Tips Tricks Resource Portal ||http://www.tips.com.my||5|
|Weight Loss Buddy Articles ||http://www.weightlossbuddy.com||5|
|Work On The Internet Newsetter ||http://www.workoninternet.com||5|
|SEO Site Manager ||http://www.seositemanager.com||5|
|The Leading Articles ||http://www.theleadingarticles.com||5|
|The Leading Articles.com ||http://www.theleadingarticles.com||5|
|Blue Articles ||http://www.bluearticles.com||5|
|Article submission ||http://www.articlesauce.com||5|
|A Magazine of People and Possibilities ||http://www.intouchmag.com||5|
|Parent Super Site ||http://www.parentsupersite.com||5|
|RBG Solutions ||http://www.rbgsolutions.com/||5|
|Social Media Marketing Articles ||http://www.socialmediamarketingarticles.com||5|
|DirectoryGold Article Directory ||http://articles.directorygold.com||4|
|Afro Articles - Article Marketing Directory ||http://www.afroarticles.com/article-dashboard/||4|
|Submit Your New Article ||http://www.submityournewarticle.com||4|
|The Add Articles Directory ||http://www.add-articles.com||4|
|ArticleSnatch - The Best Place to Grab Articles ||http://www.articlesnatch.com||4|
|Talkin Mince Article Directory ||http://www.talkinmince.com||4|
|Article-Buzz - Free Article Directory ||http://www.article-buzz.com/||4|
|Free Ezine Articles Site ||http://freezinesite.com||4|
|I Need Content ||http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/I_Need_Content||4|
|Ezine Finder ||http://www.ezinefinder.com||4|
|ArticleCircle - Free Articles Directory ||http://www.articlecircle.com||4|
|JPServicez Articles ||http://www.jpservicez-searcharticles.com||4|
|Good Info Home ||http://goodinfohome.com||4|
|The Internet Wonders eZine ||http://www.internetwondersezine.com||4|
|Submit Your Articles ||http://www.articlegear.com||4|
|Article Directory Christiannotepad ||http://www.christiannotepad.com||4|
|The Big Article Directory ||http://www.BigArticleDirectory.com||4|
|Article Authority ||http://ArticleAuthority.com||4|
|Absolute Articles ||http://www.absolutearticle.com||4|
|Blogging Stuff ||http://www.bloggingstuff.com||4|
|Blogging Stuff ||http://www.bloggingstuff.com||4|
|PromoteTech's Online Articles ||http://www.promotetech.com||4|
|All Things Pondered ||http://groups.yahoo.com/group/allthingspondered/||4|
|Netwrite Publish Announce ||http://groups.yahoo.com/group/netwrite-publish-announce/||4|
|ArticlesArea Directory ||http://www.articlesarea.com||4|
|Read My Articles ||http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ReadMyArticles/||4|
|Free Zine Content ||http://groups.yahoo.com/group/freezinecontent||4|
|Best Free Content - All ||http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bestfreecontent_all/||4|
|Free Articles Search Directory ||http://www.free-articles-search.com/||4|
|SpiinZ Articles ||http://articles.spiinz.com||4|
|Right Article ||http://www.rightarticle.com||4|
|Super Archives ||http://www.superarchives.com||4|
|Content4Reprint - Free article library ||http://www.content4reprint.com/||4|
|Best Free Content - Entrepreneurship ||http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bestfreecontent_entrepreneurship/||4|
|Article view ||http://www.articleview.org||4|
Return to Top of Website Promotion Articles
Return to Promote Your Website
Go to Home Page